Archive for June 26, 2020

Update 26th June

Yesterday, 25th June, it was announced that driving lessons could resume on 4th July, with practical tests commencing on 22nd July. We are still waiting for advice on how we should be conducting lessons, but plans for the restart of Drivewise are now being put into action

I will be making a phased restart to lessons, with priority being given to the 4 pupils who had tests booked and cancelled at the start of the lockdown. I will then add more of my existing pupils to the diary as we go. With the extra cleaning that will be needed between lessons, there may be less space in the diary and I may not be able to take on new pupils straight away.

We were told on the 23rd that we could not restart. While the U turn is welcome, I had already made other plans for part of July, which I may not be able to change easily.

I will be contacting all current pupils individually over the next week to discuss how we proceed.

Looking forward to getting back to teaching you all.


Update – 15th June 2020

The DVSA have today repeated the advice that Driving instructors should only be teaching Key Workers who have a special emergency test booked.

The booked tests that had been rescheduled for late June / early July have now been postponed again, with no new date given. We will be informed when we can rebook these. The pupils effected will be given priority by the DVSA when rebooking.

So I am afraid we are still all on hold. I will continue to monitor the situation and will update here at the end of the month, unless there is any change before.

On a positive note, I will be able to take contactless payment once lessons do restart.

Stay safe everyone – Alan  

Update – 1st June 2020

Current advice from DVSA is still that Driving Instructors should only be working if teaching Key Workers who have a special emergency test booked.

With the lockdown easing things should change soon.

Pupils who had tests cancelled prior to lockdown, currently have them rebooked for late June / early July. I will obviously need to prioritise these pupils first, assuming those tests will go ahead.

I will then see what can be done for the rest of my pupils. It is likely that in the early stages of the return I will be working reduced hours.

If the situation changes, I will let you know. Please check back here regularly, I will update on 15th June (if not before)